Who We Are
Ensuring a fair, accountable and responsive public administration across all ministries, departments, organisations and public enterprises
How we work
How can we help you?
- We investigate administrative decisions, actions or omissions carried out by any public official from the individual Minister of Crown or Governor level right down to the most junior desk official.
- We operate independently from Executive Government and our independence is protected by our Constitution.
- Following our investigations, we provide recommendations to improve the quality of the public administration as a whole.
- We cannot investigate all complaints. If we cannot, we will notify you and state the reasons thereof.
- We cannot investigate complaints relating to Cabinet, Legislative Assembly, the Judiciary and the Privy Council.
- We do not act for the complainant or the Government.
- We do not provide legal services.
- We do not force public authorities to carry out recommendations, however, we do so using persuasion.
- We are not a judicial body.
- We carry out our investigative work maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- We inform complainant’s throughout the investigative stage on the status and likely outcome of their complaint.
- We pride ourselves in maintaining confidentiality throughout the process.
- Once we arrive at a conclusion we will let you and the public authority concerned know in writing.
- Provide us with the relevant information relating to your complaint.
- This includes any documentation, correspondences, visual aids that will assist us.
- You have a duty to let us know if any information changes including any new information that may arise.
- Ensure that you are cooperative throughout the process.
- If you wish to close your complaint at any stage, please contact us.